Next generation of low VOC paint is quick-drying and low odor
Photo via iStock
For homeowners and builders concerned about indoor air quality, there's a new choice for low-VOC paint for interiors and exteriors.
The PPG PAINTS brand introduced the next generation of the <50 grams per liter volatile organic compound (VOC) version of BREAK-THROUGH! interior and exterior waterborne acrylic paint.
The Break-Through! paint offers a versatile technology that provides excellent adhesion, hardness and block resistance to a variety of residential and commercial surfaces such as floors, trim, cabinets, railings, shelving and equipment, as well as metal, wood, concrete, fiber glass, laminate and many plastics.
In addition, the product provides a flexible and smooth, virtually brush-free finish that withstands cracking and peeling.
“The Break-Through! product is a unique coating, and we’re excited to provide professional specifiers, managers and applicators with this industry-leading low-VOC product technology that offers a solution to various project-, facilities-, time- and substrate-related challenges,” said John Salvadore, senior marketing manager, PPG Paints brand.
The application improvements for the <50 grams per liter VOC Break-Through! formula include:
- Slightly higher viscosity for easier handling;
- Improved sag resistance, resulting in a more even finish;
- Improved flow and leveling, providing an enamel-smooth finish with fewer brush marks;
- Quick drying time of 17 to 20 minutes to touch, two hours for recoat, resulting in less downtime and quicker job completion; and
- Slightly more “open time,” or time that paint is wet enough for a brush to move through it, giving pros a longer time frame to fix brush marks or drips.
Complete with a new label, the updated <50 grams per liter VOC product is available in both satin and gloss sheens at PPG Paints stores and select independent dealer locations in the United States.
Read more about Low and No VOC paints.
Companies: PPG Pittsburgh Paints