Great Green Home | Lakeside Luxury by Charles Thomas Homes
During the recession, while other builders were cutting corners to cut costs, Charles Thomas Homes decided on a different approach; energy-efficient homes that might cost a little more but would provide a lot more in terms of performance. The builder has now committed to building all of its new semi-custom homes to the high-performance criteria of the U.S. Department of Energy’s Zero Energy Ready Home program, including this lakefront home in Nebraska.
Explore and read more about this home by clicking on the images below.
- Name: Lakeside Luxury
- Location: Valley, NE
- Layout: 5 bdrm, 5 bath, 2 fl, 4,556 ft2
- Climate: IECC 5A, cold
- Completed: February 2017
- Category: Custom for buyer
Modeled Performance Data:
- HERS Index: without PV 48
- Projected Annual Energy Costs: without PV $2,300
- Projected Annual Energy Cost Savings: (vs typical new homes) without PV $1,700
- Annual Energy Savings: without PV 12,300 kWh; 860 therms
Companies: U.S. Department of Energy