Great Green Home | Preston Haven by Thornhill Custom Homes
Thornhill Custom Homes built this 6,471-square-foot custom home in Dallas, Texas, to the high performance criteria of the U.S. Department of Energy Zero Energy Ready Home (ZERH) program.
Explore and read more about this home by clicking on the images below.
"When we learned it was a Zero Energy Ready Home we felt like it was right for us. We wanted a larger home because we frequently entertain and have out-of-town visitors, but even with the additional space, our energy bills have been much lower than our previous homes.”
- Layout: 6 bdrm, 5.25 bath, 2 fl, 6,471 ft2
- Climate: IECC 3A, hot-humid
- Completed: August 2016
- Category: Custom spec
Modeled Performance Data:
- HERS Index:without PV 44
- Projected Annual Energy Costs:without PV $2,750
- Projected Annual Energy Cost Savings:(vs typical new homes) without PV $1,350
- Annual Energy Savings:without PV 12,500 kWh, 100 MCF
Companies: U.S. Department of Energy