Energy Savers Tips on Saving Energy and Money at Home
This guide provides consumers with home energy and money savings tips such as insulation, weatherization, heating, cooling, water heating, energy-efficient windows, landscaping, lighting and energy-efficient appliances. For example, the guide includes a major appliance shopping guide with the following tips:
- Bigger is not always better. Too large a system costs more and operates inefficiently.
- If you live in a cool climate, look for a heat pump with a high HSPF.
- Contact a professional for advice on sizing a central air system.
- Look for the EnergyGuide label with an Energy Efficiency Ratio for room air conditioners.
- Look for the EnergyGuide label that contains the Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio and Heating Seasonal Performance Factor for heat pumps.
We all look for ways to save money, but now we can do it while also saving energy and being better stewards for our environment. Explore the many ways to make these efforts.